I’m a PhD student at the Graduate School of Frontier Sciences, University of Tokyo, currently working as a Special Research Student at the Neural Coding and Brain Computing Unit, OIST.
I'm also the human behind skeppuccino, a SciComm-oriented illustration studio. (∩'ω'⊂)❀
- Omura, Y; Carvalho, M M; Inokuchi, K; Fukai, T. A lognormal recurrent network model for burst generation during hippocampal sharp waves. The Journal of Neuroscience, 28 October 2015, 35(43): 14585-14601; doi: 10.1523/JNEUROSCI.4944-14.2015
- Carvalho, M M. Structural, functional and dynamical properties of a lognormal network of bursting neurons. Supervised by Dr. Leonardo P. Maia, defended March 2017. doi: 10.11606/D.76.2017.tde-25052017-110738
- Carvalho, M M; Maia, L P. Modeling hippocampal bursting using a lognormal recurrent network. 2015. Presented at SIFSC 5 (IFSC-USP)
- Carvalho, M M; Mosqueiro, T S ; Maia, L P. Statistical features of neuronal avalanches and local field potentials. 2014. Presented at SIFSC 4 (IFSC-USP). Selected for oral presentation.
- Carvalho, M M; Mosqueiro, T S ; Maia, L P. Statistical features of neuronal avalanches and local field potentials. 2013. Presented at SIFSC 3 (IFSC-USP). Selected for oral presentation. Honorable mention at Yvonne Primerano Mascarenhas Award for undergraduate projects (SIFSC 3/IFSC-USP).